- Written by arounddb
arounddb.com and Around DB magazine are operated by Bay Media Limited, a Hong-Kong registered company (Number: 58526806). The term “you”, ”User” or “Reader” refers to the user, visitor or advertiser of arounddb.com or the reader or advertiser of Around DB magazine. Using the “Service” may include any of the following or a combination thereof: (a) access to the strong search engine available on arounddb.com; (b) process that will facilitate the uploading of your posts in the property or directory section (content and photos); (c) online banner advertising; (d) advertising in Around DB magazine; (e) any associated or ancillary service we agree to provide you; (f) banner impressions run on arounddb.com or other site statistics run on arounddb.com for the purpose of improving the efficiency of the site. The terms Bay Media or Bay Media Limited or Bay Media Ltd refer to the company and or any of it partners, directors, officers, employees and third-party content providers.
3. Change of terms
4. Limitations of use
1) The user shall use arounddb.com for lawful purposes only. You should not post or transmit through arounddb.com any data (including content and pictures but not limited to) which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, misleading, deceptive, which is invasive of privacy, abusive, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or which encourages unlawful conduct. The user acknowledges that his/her failure to do so may subject him/her to civil and criminal liability.
2) arounddb.com and Around DB magazine contain copyrighted materials including but not limited to content, trademarks, photos, illustrations and graphics. Bay Media Limited owns the copyright in the materials and in the selection, arrangement and layout of the information. Modification, copy, sale or use of the data in whole or in part, except as expressly approved by Bay Media Limited in advance and in writing, violates our intellectual property rights. Under no circumstances you may copy, republish, download, redistribute, in whole or in part, any of the copyrighted materials found in arounddb.com or Around DB magazine unless it’s for personal or non-commercial use. In the event of permitted copying, distribution, downloading of whole or part of arounddb.com or Around DB magazine, any material should not be altered from its original content or graphics, a quote should not be used out of context and the Around DB copyright notice must be included.
3) The user should not make available, post or upload to arounddb.com any data that contains viruses or any other computer code, corrupted files or programmes aimed at disrupting the correct functioning of the site. The user should not make available any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
4) The user submitting material to any part of arounddb.com or Around DB magazine grants Bay Media Limited the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right to use, modify, adapt and distribute such material in part or in whole in any of Bay Media Limited media.
5. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
arounddb.com and Around DB magazine are made available to the public by Bay Media Ltd. It’s provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. As we strive to keep the content error free, updated and uninterrupted, the user agrees that the use of arounddb.com and Around DB magazine is at the user’s sole risk. Neither Bay Media Ltd nor its affiliates, any of their respective directors, officers, employees and third-party content providers make any warranty of the accuracy or reliability of any data provided through arounddb.com or Around DB magazine, make no warranty that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components, or free of technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors.
Neither Bay Media Ltd nor its affiliates, any of their respective directors, officers and employees and third-party content providers are liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of the user’s access to, or use of arounddb.com or Around DB magazine, or for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, delay in publishing, computer virus, unauthorised access to, alteration of data under any cause of action. The user acknowledges that Bay Media Ltd is not liable for the unlawful, defamatory or objectionable conduct of other users or third parties and that the risk of injury rests entirely with the user.
In no event will Bay Media Ltd or any person or entity involved in producing, creating or delivering arounddb.com or Around DB magazine be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of the user’s access to or inability to access to, or use of arounddb.com or Around DB magazine.
In no event will Bay Media Ltd, its affiliates, any of their respective directors, officers and employees and third-party content providers be liable, regardless of the cause or duration, for any claims and losses of any nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive and consequential damages prior to the execution of a transaction arising therefrom or occasioned thereby. Neither Bay Media Ltd nor its affiliates make any warranty for the results obtained from the use of the information, services, products and materials available from arounddb.com or Around DB magazine. The user agrees to hold harmless and defend Bay Media Ltd, its affiliates, their respective directors, officers and employees from and against all claims and expenses, including but not limited to legal fees arising out of the use of arounddb.com or Around DB magazine.
Your acceptance of this disclaimer and limitation of liability is an essential term of this agreement and your acceptance is essential to get granted access to arounddb.com.
6. Intellectual Property
8. Third party websites and content
In most cases, the content available on arounddb.com or Around DB magazine represents the opinions of the respective information provider and advertisers. The goods and services advertised on arounddb.com or Around DB magazine are provided by the third party retailers and service providers under their own terms and conditions for their use which we do not have control over. Bay Media Ltd takes no responsibility for the quality of service related to the goods and services provided and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulted from the use or engagement of them. The use or engagement of them constitutes direct dealings between the user and the particular third-party retailers and service providers. In addition, third party retailers and service providers may amend at any time, without prior notice, their own terms and conditions or terminate their use or engagement, and Bay Media Ltd cannot be held responsible for informing the user of any such change or termination.
9. Emails sent to estate agents and third-party providers
arounddb.com provides the user with the possibility to email estate agents or third-party providers. arounddb.com reserves the right to monitor those emails and not to forward them to the relevant estate agent or third-party provider if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that the content of the emails or any attachment, or any part or parts thereof, contains any objectionable content that is not related to a bona fide business enquiry or for any other reason that arounddb.com in its discretion may decide. arounddb.com cannot be held responsible for the timing or content of any replies from estate agents or third-party providers. In no event does Bay Media Ltd be liable for any attachments to emails sent to or by estate agents or third party providers with virus or that is not compatible with the user’s systems.
10. Uploading posts in the property and directory sections
(1) Acceptable use: Use the Service for the bona fide listing of property or business, on behalf of the person/entity entitled to offer the product or service, for a fee or for free and in accordance with the terms of this document.
(2) It’s not acceptable: Use the Service to engage in any of the following practices, or to allow anyone else to engage in the following practices, in using the Service: (a) Posts other than property listings or business listings; (b) Post listings not in the designated category and/or subcategory, (c) Each post uploaded by you must be a bona fide post; (d) Misuse of fields: placing irrelevant information in an information, description or picture field. You must only use the information, description or picture fields for inserting information that is intended for those fields; (e) Wrong pictures: displaying a photograph, drawing or other image that is not a photograph, drawing or image of the item or property intended to be offered for sale or lease; (f) False information including but not limited to using location names that are not deliberately incorrect; (g) Duplicate postings; (h) Animated logos and large files; (i) Posting without authority (for example: listing a property that you have not been authorised to market for sale or lease); (j) Impersonating other persons; (k) Reselling the
Service or its contents to any other person; (l) Allowing others to use the Service; (m) Using the Service to advertise properties for sale or lease in a region or country in which you do not hold a current agent's licence; (n) Misleading or deceptive concept; (o) Other inappropriate content including but not limited to unlawful, illegal, malicious or improper purpose, or any content that may defame or discredit another person or business, may disclose private, personal or confidential information, might be considered obscene, offensive, menacing or abusive, might infringe the intellectual property rights of others, may violate any law, regulation, standard, content requirements or code promulgated by any relevant authority or industry body.
(4) Approval of posts/ reviews: Each post and review uploaded to the website will be automatically added to an approval waiting list. Our administrator will confirm each post. You will get a notification of the approval as soon as it is done.
(5) 30 days automatic drop of a post: In order for our classifieds search to be updated, accurate and relevant to our visitors, all posts uploaded to the property system will be dropped and become unpublished automatically after 30 days. You will get a notification via the email address you provided in your account. Upon receipt of this notification, you will be able to republish the post as is or after editing for an additional 30 days. Otherwise, the post will stay in your account until you choose to delete it or republish it.
(6) If you use the Service in way that breaches this Term of Use, you are in breach of your agreement with us for your use of the Service. Breaching this Term of Use may result in us taking action to remedy the breach. This might include: suspending your subscription in arounddb.com; deleting a specific posting or any other action that we are permitted to take under our agreement with you and according to the Hong Kong law.
11. International Use
arounddb.com may not be available for use in locations outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
15. Contact arounddb.com
Bay Media Ltd
Address: 7E, Glamour Court, Discovery Bay, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2987 0577