The Hong Kong Observatory has announced that an issue of the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal Number 8 is expected to be in place at or before 5:00 p.m. today (9 July 2015).
Local winds will strengthen further. People with longer or tedious journeys home are advised to begin their returns back now.
As a general reminder, here are the precautionary measures that one should take while a Typhoon 8 Warning Signal is in force:
- Complete all precautions now before gales commence.
- Lock all windows and doors. If available, insert reinforced shutters and gates. Adhesive tape stuck onto large windows in exposed positions will reduce potential damage by broken glass.
- Do not stand near windows on the exposed side of your home and avoid placement of furniture in these areas.
- If you own a neon sign, you should arrange for the electricity supply to have the sign switched off.
- Park your car/golf cart where it is least likely to be damaged.
- Avoid staying in the street.
Intro photo courtesy of
Hong Kong Observatory releases incredible new image of Typhoon Nida