The cooler weather makes this the perfect time to spend crisp days and long nights cuddled up with someone special. Whether it’s strolling along Love Lock Promenade, browsing the Discovery Bay Sunday Market, or enjoying a fairy-tale weekend getaway, Discovery Bay is the perfect place for couples to hang out. What’s more, the Romantic Rendezvous @ Discovery Bay decorations go up on January 7, giving everyone a chance to get a head start on that loved-up Valentine’s Day feeling.
If it’s a romantic meal you’re after, the D’Deck and DB North restaurants have some of the best alfresco options in Hong Kong, combining gourmet international dining with panoramic 180° sea views. From January 1 to February 14, diners get a HK$100 dining voucher to be used for subsequent spending when they spend HK$880 or above in a single transaction at the designated restaurants* and present the original same-day receipt at the Dine ‘N Ride Service Counter.
On January 12 and February 9, lovers can meet at the Discovery Bay Sunday Market in DB Plaza to browse over 100 booths, showcasing handmade items by local artists and indie-crafters. With so much to choose from, you are certain to find a very special gift for that very special person.
On February 8, 9 and 14, meanwhile, couples can redeem their own padlock to add on to Love Lock Promenade in DB North.Simply like the Visit Discovery Bay Facebook page and the Valentine’s Day promotional post, leave a comment on the post and tag three friends. To redeem the complimentary love lock, present your Facebook post comment at the Love Lock Redemption Counter in DB North. Once you’ve written your names on the lock, you can lock it to the railings of the promenade to symbolise your love and commitment to each other.
While in DB North, lovers can ride off into their own ‘happily ever after’ in a horse-drawn carriage, taking in the elegant European-style architecture lining the route and breath-taking views along the coast of Yi Pak Beach. You can pick up tickets for the classic horse-drawn carriage ride at the Activity Centre at Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong. Valentine-themed rides are available from February 14 to 16, from 9.30am to 11.30am and 3pm to 6pm. Each ride costs HK$300 and lasts for about 10 minutes, with a maximum of four people per carriage.
But no Valentine’s Day in DB would be complete without the annual candlelight event on Tai Pak Beach. Every year, the beach is lit up by thousands of candles arranged in heart-shaped displays, making it the ideal place for couples to exchange their vows and capture moments of love.
ACTIVITIES FOR SWEETHEARTS
• January 7 to February 17: Delight in the Romantic Rendezvous @ Discovery Bay decorations in DB Plaza and DB North
• January 12 and February 9, 11am to 6pm: Pick a heart-warming gift for your sweetheart at the Discovery Bay Sunday Market in DB Plaza
• February 8, 9 and 14, 2.30pm to 10pm: Redeem a complimentary love lock to seal your love at DB North near the clock tower
• February 14 to 16, 9.30am to 11.30am and 3pm to 6pm: Enjoy a romantic ride in a horse-drawn carriage at the Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong
• February 14, 6pm to 11pm: Take a selfie beside the thousands of candles arranged
• February 14 to 16. Priced from HK$2,688**, the Valentine’s Day Room Package at the Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong includes a one-night stay in a mountainview room for two, plus a breakfast buffet, Valentine’s Day Set Dinner and arts-and-crafts workshop. Couples also receive a complimentary heart-shaped lock souvenir
• February 14. At HK$1,588** for two, the Valentine’s Day Set Dinner at Café bord de Mer & Lounge delivers a decadent selection of dishes, ranging from sea urchin and soft quail egg capellini pasta with caviar cream sauce, to grilled black angus filet mignon with sesame sauce and red wine foam. Diners are also entitled to a photo session beside the hotel’s European-style horse-drawn carriage at the White Chapel. Pay in full before January 31 to receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
• Valentine’s Day Giveaway: The first 100 couples who book a Valentine’s getaway or set dinner will receive a HK$1,000 I-Primo cash voucher and a Pevonia Travel Kit
*The designated restaurants are: 22º North, Three Sheets Marquee Bar, Coyote Mexican Cantina, Ebeneezer’s, Figos, First Korean Restaurant, Hemingway’s, Il Bel Paese, Koh Tomyums, McSorley’s Ale House, Pascucci Italian Caffe & Fine Food, PizzaExpress, Shanghai Breeze, Solera, Zak’s, Cali-Mex, Mirch Masala, MooFish, TigerLily, Peony Chinese Restaurant and D’Café at Discovery Bay Recreation Club and Café bord de Mer & Lounge at Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong
** Terms and conditions apply; all prices are subject to 10% service charge