Firefighters were called to Fusion in DB Plaza today, after a fire broke out at around 11am.
The fire was succcesfully extinguished, however the store remained closed for around two hours as a result of the incident.
Unconfirmed reports initially suggested that the fire may have been started by a worker accidentally drilling into an air compressor, however, according to the preliminary investigation by the Fire Services Department, the likely cause was a short circuit of wiring inside the warehouse of the store. The incident did not cause any injury, however an ambulance was dispatched to the scene as a precaution.
Around DB will share further updates with the community as and when they become available.
Above images courtesy of Alison Whalley