Top Junk Destinations in Hong Kong
- Written by arounddb, 15 September 2016
There’s no better way to see Hong Kong than by boat. Why not junk it to one of these idyllic destinations, while the good weather holds.
1. A hidden gem, far to the southwest, the Soko Islands are protected and uninhabited. The surrounding waters are so pristine, you may well spot a Chinese White Dolphin.
2. Right in our own backyard, Pui O is a stunning place to drop anchor. The (black) sand is fine, the trees are shady and the sunsets are hard to beat.
3. Nam Fung Wan, Sai Kung is an ideal destination for adventure seekers who want to snorkel and explore the lagoons and hidden coves of the area.
4. Po Toi Island, just off Stanley, has nice calm bays for swimming and boasts unique rock formations, like the Buddha Hand Rock and Coffin Rock.
Leading local junk companies include Saffron Cruises (www.saffron-cruises.com), Hong Kong Junks (www. hongkongjunks.com.hk), Jubilee (www.jubilee.hk ), Aqua Luna (www.aqualuna.com.hk) and Lazy Days (www.lazydays.com.hk).