Neighbour raises alarm after Lantau man drinks poison

A good Samaritan neighbor raised the alarm after an elderly Lantau Island resident drank poison.

A police spokesperson said the 73-year-old man had drunk half a glass of herbicide after having an argument with his son.

His neighbor had gone to visit the man about 7am on Monday to find him unconscious. He called police and a helicopter took the man to Pamela Youde Nethersole Hospital.

MORE POLICE NEWS: Appeal for information

Police have deemed the incident not suspicious.

Restaurants in Discovery Bay

Beers * Wines * Cocktails * Savory Snacks ...
McSorley's
McSorley’s Ale House is a popular spot to grab...