Ladies hit out for Nepal
- Written by arounddb
The Discovery Bay Ladies Day League did their bit for Nepal recently, with 24 ladies taking part in a three-hour “Tennis for Nepal” event at the Discovery Bay Recreation Club, raising HK$20,000.
There were auctions throughout the day, with items donated by New World/Rosewood Hotels, Marco Polo Hotels, Uncle Russ and a number of private parties.
YB Rai from Uncle Russ will facilitate the transfer of the money to the people of Nepal.
As it stands, YB, in conjunction with a number of organisations, has contributed a total of over HK$214,000, with a breakdown listed below.
- The captain and members of Little Sai Wan Golf Society - HK$38,020
- Big Sai Wan Golf Society members - HK$9,870
- Lantau Boat Club paddling members - HK$8,270
- Individual donors - HK$7,000
- Uncle Russ & Pier Bar donation boxes - HK$19,725
- Uncle Russ staff - HK$12,000
- Uncle Russ Coffee - HK$100,000
YB expressed his sincere appreciation, on behalf of all Nepalese people, for the generous donations and support.